DOUGLAS HIGHWALL LAND RECLAMATION PROJECT
The Douglas Highwall Land Reclamation Project consisted of 62 acres of abandoned mine land and began in April 1993. This project included:
- - Excavating and regrading steeply sloped mine spoil and refuse material
- - Backfilling and eliminating 4,200 L.F. of highwall
- - Constructing a dewatering ditch and subdrain along the highwall
- - Stabilizing roadway
- - Wet-sealing and dry-sealing six collapsed and open deep mine portals
- - Constructing a composted anoxic limestone ditch (ALD)
- - Soil conditioning and revegetation.
This project was completed in September 1995 at a cost $1,446,449.